Thursday 27 February 2014

Celebrating Expat Life - Blog Link Up

Spring highlights the positive in
everything
This is a heads up of a blog link up I am starting next week if anyone would like to join in. There will be a link tool on my post each week where you all can add your posts.

It's the first blog link up I have run, inspired by the Multicultural Kid Blogs carnival I put together on the topic of love. It was such fun to see other's views on the same topics and I figure celebrating expat life is another topic many of us have first hand experience of - and lots to say.

I have also been inspired by the flowers shooting out of the ground, the sun which keeps showing its face and the birds which are busy nesting - all the signs of spring are around and that is a reason to look at the positive side of life, of expat life. So without further ado, here are the four weekly prompts  for March.

"As spring hurtles towards us I think it's the perfect time to celebrate expat life - and the advantages of parenting as an expat. Our children are raised in a multicultural, multilingual environment - and that is worth celebrating!

Each week in March there will be a different prompt to look at life as an expat. Here are the titles I will use, (you'll need to adapt for the right nationality/language where relevant).


  • Wednesday 5th March: 5 Things I Love About My Expat Life
  • Wednesday 12th March: 5 Reasons I'm Glad my Children Are *Dutch & British*
  • Wednesday 19th March: 5 Reasons I'm Glad my Children Speak *Dutch & English*
  • Wednesday 26th March: 5 Lessons I Have Learnt from the *Dutch*"


Hope to see some of you linking up from 5th March.

3 comments:

  1. Crocus, such a tender and brave flower, - I love your picture! This post is beautiful! I can't wait to see spring here finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. Thanks Amanda, I have just posted mine for today. I'm assuming the place to link up will be on your next post? Let me know! Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, nevermind! I see how to do it now. I've put my link and I've also added your badge to my blog. Thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete